Come be part of our small team, dedicated to improving the lives of low-literate adults! The work you do will impact the communities of Bernalillo and Sandoval counties and potentially even the state of New Mexico!
Assessment Coordinator Job Purpose: Serves the ReadWest Program by conducting adult student initial interviews and assessments; scheduling and conducting mid-term and year-end progress testing using the Test Adult Basic Education (TABE) or other standardized tests. Supports the program by recording assessment scores in the database for reporting. Works closely with the Program Coordinator to match enrolled students with trained volunteer tutors. Works as a team with ReadWest staff and volunteers to maintain a friendly, supportive environment.
Assessment Coordinator Job Duties:
- Interviews and assesses new or returning Students for literacy level
- Maintains paper and electronic student files (LACES electronic database)
- Administers TABE TEST Online (Test of Adult Basic Education)
- Administers CASAS TEST (Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System)
- Enters Test Data on LACES
- Schedules and conducts Mid-Term and Year-End Progress Assessments (November and May)
- Reports student statistics to Executive Director
- Works closely with Program Coordinator
- Works evenings when necessary
- Supports volunteers with information, advice, library materials, and copy machine assistance, etc.
- Acts as a substitute for Program Coordinator at tutor trainings
- Attends and provides support for fundraisers and program events as needed
- Trains as Volunteer ESL and BL Tutor
- Maintains student confidentiality
- Keeps desk, office, and labs tidy
- Verbal and Written Communication skills in English and Spanish
- Works well with multi-ethnic and multicultural individuals
- Microsoft Office
- Comfortable learning new computer programs,
- Database familiarity
- Good customer service skills and ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handles pressure and take initiative. (ReadWest will provide database and test administration training.)
- It helps to have a sense of humor. We like to have fun when we can.
16-20 hours per week. $15 per hour. Reports to the Executive Director.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.